- August 2: Naaman: Stealing Blessings
- August 9 Israelites: Stealing Control
- August 16 Nebuchadnezzar: Stealing Credit
- August 23 Jonah: Stealing Opportunity
- August 30 Samson: Stealing Gifts
As God’s children we were created to live for the glory of God. But sin corrupted the original design, and now instead of living for the glory of God, we try to steal that glory for ourselves. This series will look at several Old Testament personalities who took credit for what only God could do and then challenge each of us to consider how we might be robbing God of his Glory.
Watch an overview and introduction to the book of James
James – Faith that Works
WEEKLY BIBLE READING
- Reading for May 10 Read all of James
- Reading for May 17 James 1:2-18
- Reading for May 24 James 1:19-27
- Reading for May 31 James 2:1-13
- Reading for June 7 James 2:14-26
- Reading for June 14 James 3:1-12
- Reading for June 21 James 3:13-18
- Reading for June 28 James 4:1-12
- Reading for July 5 James 4:13-5:6
- Reading for July 12 James 5:7-12
- Reading for July 19 James 5:13-19
“WORK IT OUT”
As you strive to apply and live out a faith of action, consider these three questions in response to the morning message:
- Why and how do you struggle with this in your own life?
- How are you already living this out in big or small ways?
- In addition to prayer, what is one thing you can do to start growing in this area?
FAITH IN ACTION: Mission India Relief Project
In the face of COVID-19, the Prime Minister of India has shut down the country, leaving those who live hand-to-mouth (80+ million people) in a place of hunger and desperation- a literal life or death matter. In this time of need, God has provided a wide-open door to sharing the good news in India and Orchard Hill Church is saying “Yes!” to running through it with our partner, Mission India, as they bring food, healthcare, and the truth of Jesus to those very people!
Say “Yes!” with us by:
- Giving generously. Donate online at https://missionindia.org/relief/ (please list “Orchard Hill Church” as your Church- this helps us track our fundraising goal).
- Praying faithfully. Sign up for Mission India’s prayer guide at https://missionindia.org/prayer-guide/.
- Advocating for India. Share with others using the resources found at www.missionindia.org.