How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, Lord;
teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.
The Bible is more than just an ordinary book; it guides and leads each reader into a deeper relationship with God and illuminates God’s character. The Bible is like a traveler’s map or a pilot’s compass; essential for us to have, read, and cherish. This week, I encourage you to engage in the Bible. Before you begin, it is important to make a plan. Make a time, place, and pace before you start. Your time should be without competition or distraction, so pick a place that will be best for you to fully engage with God in His words. Below are examples of ways you can personally start diving into the Word of God. May you be encouraged and filled through engaging in God’s word this week!
- Download the Dwell App: The Dwell App allows you to listen to the Bible through different reading plans.
- Pick up a Bible Reading Plan: Whether it is the Bible in a Year, or simply the Gospels be engaged through a reading plan.
- Read the Bible using SPACE: Is there a SIN to confess? Is there a PROMISE to proclaim? Is there an ATTITUDE to change? Is there a COMMAND to obey? Is there an EXAMPLE to follow?
- Summarize the Word: Jot down a quick summary as you read. Do not underestimate the power of summarizing the text in your own words.
- Memorize Scripture: Pick a scripture passage to dwell in and memorize it. By memorizing scripture, you can hide God’s word in your heart.
- Draw a picture: Capturing a scene of scripture can bring deep insights and makes the truth within the Word stick.